Community Board Meeting Minutes 12/12/2018


Update on the 2.4 release (LTS), 

Topics to be added to agenda?


Next meeting

January? (Holidays) > 2nd week 2019

1 - Community Strategy / Survey

Status: Robin has sent the draft to Roland and the Community Board. Robin will update some of the statistics with more recent data (2018). Similar data (geography, gender) we could access is available on Symfony: and

Robin: waiting for the review by Roland (and possible other management)

Minutes: Waiting for the internal review

2 - phasing out

Status: A date has been set to discontinue This is December 31, 2018! The site will be made read-only on December 1. Before that, Robin and Sylvain take the necessary actions to inform the community, and code is moved to GitHub. (Initial discussion).

We will be moving the projects to a new GitHub organization/repo. Communication has been partially done through blogs and Slack. More to follow after IT moves on with GitHub (due to timing)

Sylvain will get a list of email addresses from IT to inform project owners
Robin will draft communication about these dates, to share with the community
Robin/Sylvain will add a banner on 
IT will move code to GitHub

Minutes: Release time, Sylvain has not made progress yet. We also need support from a developer. Sylvain will inform/check with IT.

3 - / legacy

Status: Changes have been made on to note outdated content. Menus have been removed or note added, security advisories have been made available to the homepage.

Minutes:  ready, to be removed from the agenda

4 - Developer feedback (

Status: Robin has gathered developer feedback, this is shared internally to be published on

Minutes:  ready, to be removed from the agenda

5 - Product feedback

Status: Sylvain giving an update on the product feedback tool now integrated in Slack and on This was also introduced in . Portal available on .

Minutes: ready, to be removed from the agenda

6 - Slack self invite

Status: Check if the heroku app solution can be changed to something else, for self-invite to Slack (Ivo). Issue/request registered at eZ IT. 3 solutions available to choose from.

Minutes: Robin will follow up with eZ IT


Sylvain: on EE, new update coming

Ivo: product feedback mentioned as product roadmap on Make it more prominent? Sylvain will discuss internally.

Leave us a comment
blog comments powered by Disqus